The core value for MARCH is STEWARDSHIP
All that we are and all that we have received, whether spiritual, mental, physical or material, has been entrusted to us by God. As educators and parents, we have been entrusted with assisting children to grow and develop the abilities they have been given by God. We have a responsibility to inspire and cultivate good stewardship of all these things to the glory and honour of His name. This includes being and becoming lifetime learners of the truth, lifetime lovers of God and our neighbours, and accountable stewards of God’s creation.
We encourage you, as a family, to spend time together discussing this core value.
Below is a list of bible readings that discusses this value:
1 Corinthians 6:19-20
1 Peter 4:10
This is our focus, when discussing this core value at school:
Stewardship recognises that everything that we have and are is a gift from God; we have been left in charge of what we have for a short time, and God will Himself demand an account of how we have used what He entrusted to us to further His kingdom.
- Pupils will understand how to be good stewards of their bodies (healthy living).
- Pupils will understand how to be good stewards of their experiences. For example, pupils will be able to use their own painful experiences to build the Kingdom: even when they are victims, they will be able to judge how best to take ownership of their own healing and how to leverage that experience to empower others.
- Pupils will understand that all things belong ultimately to God, and have been entrusted to them for a short while, and that God expects them to use what they have to build His kingdom.
- Pupils will understand how to be good stewards of their resources.
- Pupils will value the fact that everyone is a child of God, and will know how to treat them as such.
- Pupils will identify and understand how to develop their spiritual gifts.
- Pupils will develop strategies for defending those who are in some way weaker than themselves, and understand how and when it is appropriate to become involved.