Christ Church Preparatory School and College is a ‘Main Stream’ school, however, occasionally, pupils need a bit of assistance in order to ‘leap over a certain hurdle’. The Edunique Centre at Christ Church Preparatory School and College recognises that every individual pupil is uniquely gifted by God and possesses unique talents and challenges in life.
The centre is served by learning support specialists as well as privately co-contracted specialists.
- Learning Support from Grade 0 to Grade 3 in English Literacy and Mathematics.
- Learning Support from Grade 4 to Grade 6 in English Literacy.
- Educational Psychology: This includes global assessments, emotional support, play therapy and support counselling for parents and children.
- Occupational Therapy: Addresses underlying fundamental skills, necessary for learning to succeed. Additional therapies include, Sensory Integration training, ‘Tomatis Solisten’ and ‘Interactive Metronome’.
- Speech/Language and Auditory Processing Therapy: Serves to address underlying fundamental skills, essential for learning to succeed.
- The staff in the centre also assists with applications for accommodations.
- Private tutoring is sourced and offered for individual needs and College pupils.
- Counselling is also available for College pupils from selected trained teachers.